Does your business need a social media strategy?
It is not a hidden fact that Social media marketing is crucial for businesses these days and that businesses must be where their customers are. In a previous post I talked about the importance of having a web presence for your business in this post I will share with you some questions I usually get from clients about social media management and social media strategy and I’ll help you find answers.
Ok here the questions:
Should I care about social media marketing?
Is social media right for me and for my business?
Should I use social media marketing in my business?
Should I have a social media strategy for my business?
I will help you find answers through some qualifications:
You should care about having a social media strategy if:
- Your customers are there. If you customers spend their time on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, etc, then don’t you think that your business needs to have a good presence there?
- Your business wants more communication. If you want to have great communication channels with your customers, with new investors or with potential business partners, where you can find a better place than social media to accomplish this.
- You want to have a free market research. Market research costs thousands of dollars and requires hundreds of hours. Using social media you can save all that. With a simple poll or a quick survey you can get the valuable data you are looking for.
- You want customers’ feedback. What’s better than social media to get feedback and testimonials from satisfied customers? Think about it!
- You need viral marketing. Most social media channels if not all are viral in nature, that means with a single post or a single tweet your marketing message can travel from hundreds to thousands to tens of thousands of people within hours.
- You need more sales and more profits. Why spending tens of thousands on traditional media channels where you can spend less and get better results from social media. Depending on your online marketing strategy you can double your business ROI by applying the right social media strategy.
The above six qualifiers should help you make the right decision if your business needs a social media strategy or not. Social media marketing campaign should contribute to your overall marketing strategy and should help your business achieve planned goals. If you think that social media marketing is not important for you, then focus your efforts elsewhere. You make the decision think wise..